Welcome to the website of St. James’ Church, Yeovil.
We are currently advertising for a new Associate Vicar, who can help us grow the church among under-40s, develop workplace ministry and develop the gifts of both congregations. For more information go here and for an application pack please visit the Diocesan Vacancies Page. Application deadline is 12th March. If this is why you are visiting our website, please pray about joining us!
We’re a relaxed, friendly church for all ages in the North West of Yeovil. We believe in helping people to encounter God, to live out their Christian faith in daily life, and to serve and bless our community. Regular Sunday worship is at 10.30am.
Our sister church St. Peters serves the Westfield area of Yeovil.
We hope you enjoy browsing this site and find what you’re looking for. Please use the ‘contacts’ links if you want to know any more. You can also find us on Facebook. Or come along to one of our services, we’d love to see you!
Lunchtime Communion: 12.30pm every Wednesday, a simple 30m service in the side chapel at St. James’. All welcome, this is a new service launched in 2018 for those who value time to pray during the week, or find it difficult to get to church on Sundays.
Lent Courses: We have a choice of five Lent courses running at the moment:
1. Moving On: Exploring Discipleship, how to grow as a Christian. Mondays 7:30-9 p.m. at St. James’ Church.
2. Justice, Poverty & Compassion: Bible studies relating Christian teaching to world issues. Tuesdays 1:30-3 in the Prayer Chapel at St James’.
3. Contemplative Prayer: exploring different ways to pray. Wednesdays 2.30-3.30 at St James’ Church.
4. Creativity & Mindful Prayer: Listening to God’s voice. Wednesdays 7:30-9 p.m. at St James’.
5. Your SHAPE for God’s Service: How God uses our unique gifts, personality and experiences. Wednesdays 7:30-9:15 at St Peter’s Church.
Our Lent Charities this year are:
Birchfield Church (to fund the work they do, including a Family Fun Day and their Family Play Café)
Local dementia care and support charity (details to come)
St. James’ re-opened in April 2017 after a major refit and is now open 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday and on Sunday afternoons up to 4pm, for personal prayer, peace, and space to reflect. We have a prayer chapel where prayer requests can be left, and a candle lit in memory of a loved one. All are welcome.
Details of regular services, and when and where to find us are here.
If you want to get in touch, please use the ‘Contact Us’ tab, or ring the Parish Office on 01935 414097